THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER
Clinical Consult to Psychiatric-Mental Health
Clinical Consult to Psychiatric-Mental Health: Management for Nurse Practitioners, 2nd edition (2021), provides an essential overview of the major disorders covered in the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5, 2013). In the words of the editor, this book provides “what to do next” guidance for treating patients with mental health disorders.
The text is organized in two major parts. The first focuses on principles of clinical psychiatry (interview, clinical decision making, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment planning), psychotherapeutic management, behavioral therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy, principles of psychopharmacology, and syndromes in adults, children, and adolescents. The second part contains monographs on current drug therapies for the major disorders that benefit from pharmacologic treatment. The discussion of each mental health disorder treated with medication includes a drug selection table that identifies first- and second-line choices, along with adjunctive therapies.
For NPs in primary care, this book is a concise, accessible clinical resource to quickly access the following:
- Diagnostic criteria and differential diagnoses for each disorder
- The range of therapeutic interventions for patient management, including psychotherapeutic management, psychotherapy, and cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Primary psychotropic medications, when to prescribe them, and how to select the most efficacious drug for each patient
- Special considerations for patient populations, including older adults, pregnant and nursing women, children, and adolescents
- Clinical considerations for prescribing in patients with impaired renal, hepatic or cardiac function
- Easy-to-read drug selection tables for reliable clinical consultation
Title: Clinical Consult to Psychiatric-Mental Health: Management for Nurse Practitioners
Editor: Jacqueline Rhoads, PhD, ACNP-BC, ANP-C, PMHNP-BE, CNL-C, FAANP
Date Published: 2021, Springer Publishing
609 pages, soft cover