PMHNP Review Course & Clinical Update: Video Delivery
The PMHNP Review Course & Clinical Update from APEA prepares psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner students for success on the PMHNP exam from ANCC. It also provides a clinical refresher and update for practicing PMHNPs (25 contact hours [13.0 pharmacology]). Content is taught by nationally certified PMHNPs and FNPs who have expertise in psychiatric-mental health practice.
This review course is available on video* only. Watch each lecture twice and follow up with post-course questions that reinforce the material presented. This course provides essential information you need to be successful on your certification exam, as well as key updates for clinical practice.
The APEA PMHNP Review Course & Clinical Update on video* provides:
- Exceptional preparation for the PMHNP exam from ANCC
- Streaming video recordings of live lectures (not voiceovers with Power Point slides)
- Ability to view the presenters side by side with their content slides
- Downloadable, printable Course Manual that serves as a study guide for your exam and a resource for clinical practice
- Teaching techniques proven to build understanding and retention
- Two views of the entire course within 6 months of purchase
- Note: Rewind and fast-forward options are not available with video courses
Access the video course content on a computer browser or via the APEA app.
- Internet browser: Google Chrome is needed for viewing via browser. Go to the CE Center (www.apeacecenter.com) and log in using your APEA account username and password. Find your course and click on the title of a lecture to open the player and view each video. The Course Manual may be downloaded or printed from the CE Center.
- APEA app: Download the app for iOS or Android. Log in with your APEA account username and password. Find your course in the CE Center and start watching your videos. Find the Course Manual and download or print it.
- Video recordings of all lectures in the APEA PMHNP Review Course & Clinical Update.
- Lecture topics: Anxiety Disorders, Depression and Mood Disorders, Sleep Disorders, Delirium & Neurocognitive Disorders, Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders & Psychosis, Bipolar Disorders, Personality Disorders, Substance Use Disorders, Violence and Abuse, Mental Health Disorders of Childhood & Adolescence, and Psychopharmacology
- Case studies on emergency management of suicide risk
- 200 questions that reinforce all course content
- Video on entry into practice: covers licensure, NPI number, credentialing, and more
- Handout on exam prep strategies for the PMHNP exam; includes information on the ANCC test blueprint for PMHNPs
- Handouts on theoretical frameworks for PMHNP practice: ethics, legalities, scope of practice, standards of practice, advocacy, health policy
- Course evaluation
- Contact hour certificate
Approximately 19.75 hours of lecture content. Segments average 20 minutes each.
This program is accredited for 25 contact hours (13 hours pharmacology).
A certificate will be awarded after all content has been accessed and the course evaluation has been completed. To activate the evaluation, view the entire course at least once (including supplemental written materials) and answer both sets of questions. The evaluation is not accessible until the entire course has been accessed and all questions have been answered. For questions about contact hours, email email@example.com. Please note: If you already have received credit for a live course, you may not claim additional CE credit for the same course in video format in the same year.
This course is a comprehensive review and clinical update that prepares PMHNP students for the PMHNP exam from ANCC. In addition, this clinical update meets the needs of practicing NPs, to help them keep current with evidence-based practice.
The content in all APEA review courses, CE offerings, and clinical resources reflects current evidence-based practice. All course material is copyrighted by APEA and may not be shared, copied or reproduced.
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the diagnostic criteria for the most common psychiatric disorders
- Explain the etiology, risk factors, and assessment findings associated with each psychiatric disorder
- Identify the pharmacologic agents used in the treatment of each psychiatric disorder
- Name nonpharmacologic options used in the treatment of each psychiatric disorder
- Discuss general principles of prescribing psychiatric medications
- Identify the neurochemistry involved in treatment mental health conditions
- Discuss identification and treatment issues unique to children and adolescents
- Discuss identification and treatment issues unique to postpartum women
- Effectively manage mental illness in the presence of comorbidities
- Determine when to refer to a specialist
This course is taught by Crissi Brooks, MA, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, Kaissy Hammer, M.Ed., APRN, PPCNP-BC, FNP-C, PMHNP-BC, Nancy Nadolski, MSN, M.Ed., FNP, RN, Jennifer Oakley, M.Ed., MSN, APRN, FNP, Sandra Petersen, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, GNP-BC, PMHNP-BE, FAANP, and Kimberly Rivers, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC. The supplemental lecture on entry to practice is presented by Kathy Baldridge, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP.
*Important Notes About This Video Course:
- Video content may be accessed for 6 months from the date of purchase
- Each video may be viewed twice within 6 months of the date of purchase
- The Course Manual, practice questions, and evaluation must be accessed within 6 months of purchase. The evaluation must be completed within 6 months of purchase; the CE certificate can only be downloaded after the evaluation is completed.
- The purchase of video access to APEA courses or lectures provides access rights to the purchaser only. Access may not be shared, nor may partial access be resold, to anyone other than the original purchaser. Any violation of this policy will result in forfeiture of access to all video products without a refund.
- The APEA Live Course Guarantee is only available with attendance at a live review course. It is not available for audio or video On Demand courses.
Advanced Practice Education Associates (APEA) is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 100820. This program is accredited for 25.0 contact hours (13 pharmacology). Program ID 2021-08-01P.