Updated to deliver the most current information on available prescription medications, this is a unique prescribing reference for APRNs and PAs in all practice settings. Enhances the ability to prescribe medications for patients with acute, episodic, and chronic health problems. Concise, easy to read, and updated throughout, the resource delivers pharmacotherapy regimens for more than 600 diagnoses. The print format includes an ebook with digital updates to assure immediate access to essential information.
This book is organized alphabetically by diagnosis. Each diagnosis lists medication choices according to generic compound name, generic or OTC status, adult and pediatric dosing regimens, brand names, forms of dosage, and additives. Clinically useful information such as laboratory values to be monitored, patient teaching points, and safety information is interspersed throughout each diagnosis. Additional quick-access features include information presented in convenient table format and an alphabetical cross-reference index of drugs by generic and brand name, plus controlled drug schedule (I, II, III, IV, V). Key features include:
- More than 600 diagnoses organized alphabetically (31 new diagnoses in this edition)
- Quick-access reference and resource
- Drug information presented in condensed and summary form for ease of use
- Within each diagnosis, drug choices are listed alphabetically by generic/trade name, adult/pediatric dosing, dose forms, and additives
- Delivers guidance on lab values to be monitored, patient education points, and safety information
- 30 appendices with key drug classifications,ontrolled substance schedule, contraception guidance, and more