During this in-depth course, you will learn about each aspect of the gynecologic examination. You will also view a step-by-step demonstration (on a plastic model) by women's health expert Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN. Many clinical pearls will be shared. Both the routine exam and various exam challenges will be discussed in detail, and strategies to manage these challenges will be described. A range of normal and abnormal findings will be identified, and appropriate management will be discussed.
Streaming Online Video
Instant access! Place your order. Receive a welcome email and you're ready to go. No waiting!
View your videos. Complete your evaluation. Print your certificate. It's that easy!
*Please note: Videos require Google Chrome browser. **
After completion of this activity, learner will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate the step-by-step approach to performing the routine gynecologic examination
- Identify various normal and abnormal gynecologic exam findings and conditions
- Discuss approaches to examining special populations and to addressing with pelvic exam challenges
- Discuss Pap and HPV guidelines, how to take a Pap smear, and the basics of STI/vaginitis testing
- The content in all APEA review courses, CE offerings and clinical resources reflects evidence-based practice.
2.5 contact hours, 0 pharmacology
TIME TO COMPLETE
1 hour 51 minutes
Reviewed January 2019; originally released September 2016
This activity is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners for 2.5 contact hours. Program ID #2016-08-01.
Provider number: 100820.
This course is taught by Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, a nationally certified nurse practitioner with more than 30 years of experience and focus in women's health.
*APEA App Access
Once purchased, this course is accessible on the free APEA app. Purchases must be made through apea.com and will automatically be synced to your app. Content downloaded to your device from the app can be accessed at any time, even without an internet connection. Minimum space required: Each video section may take up to 150 MB.