The NP Guide: Essential Knowledge for Nurse Practitioner Practice (3rd edition) is a valuable resource for new and experienced NPs alike. The book explores key professional and practice issues that are not covered in most educational programs.
The reference opens by outlining the role of nurse practitioners in the current healthcare environment. Subsequent chapters provide details on the following:
- Certification and licensure
- Prescriptive and legal practice authority
- Searching, landing and starting a new position
- Contract negotiation and renegotiation
- Reimbursement for services
- Coding and billing
- Building a solo practice
- Corporate compliance and legal issues
- Justifying and Promoting the profession
The editor and author of The NP Guide is Kevin Letz, DNP, MBA, RN, CNE, CEN, FNP-C, ANP-BC, PNP-BC, FAPPex, an entrepreneur and lecturer whose clinical specialty is allergy, asthma and immunology. Contributing authors to the text are faculty members from the nurse practitioner program at Chamberlain College of Nursing.
Author: Kevin Letz