This lecture shares clinical pearls for office-based procedures commonly performed in primary care, including incision and drainage, lesion removal, and the delivery of localized anesthesia.
Choose video or audio delivery.
Video format requires Google Chrome. Each video purchase can be viewed two times within 6 months of purchase. Each audio purchase is accessible for 1 year from the date of purchase.
5 Simple Steps to Contact Hours: Place your order. Receive a welcome email. Watch/Listen. Complete the brief posttest and evaluation. Print your certificate. It’s that easy!
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss legal and safety issues associated with invasive procedures
- Compare and contrast two anesthetic agents commonly used in primary care
- State the uses, advantages, and disadvantages of topical vs. local anesthesia
- Describe the steps involved in incision and drainage
- State the advantages and disadvantages of techniques used to remove skin lesions
TIME TO COMPLETE
52 minutes plus post-test
This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour(s) (which includes .25 hour(s) of pharmacology)
Advanced Practice Education Associates (APEA) is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 100820. This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour(s) (which includes .25 hour(s) of pharmacology). Program ID #2022-02-20, 2022-02-43.
This course is taught by Amelie Hollier, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, a nationally certified family nurse practitioner who is one of the most dynamic and sought after speakers in the healthcare industry. She is the president and CEO of APEA.