Billing, Coding, and Documentation in the Outpatient Setting provides important education plus a pocket resource (book) for ongoing use in the clinical setting. This video course, recorded in March 2021, provides essential information for NP students and practicing NPs about new mandatory billing and coding practices. The course provides details on 2021 changes in the selection of Evaluation & Management (E/M) codes. Make sure you are determining the level of your services appropriately in each and every patient encounter — this video course and companion book explain how.
The book included with the video course is titled Billing & Coding in the Outpatient Setting (APEA, 2021), and it was written by the course presenter, Kathy Baldridge, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP.
Billing & Coding in the Outpatient Setting is a concise but comprehensive reference for the exam room and office. It's portable and packed with key points NPs need to provide accurate and comprehensive documentation that supports services rendered and justifies reimbursement for the fees submitted.
Book contents include:
- Determining whether the visit is for a New or Established Patient
- Determining whether the E/M code should be based on Medical Decision Making or Time
- How to document appropriately and how to avoid common documentation pitfalls
- Tips for reimbursement
- Recommendations for credentialing in order to bill for services
- Telemedicine information
- Incident-to billing information
- Durable medical equipement information
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss new E/M Coding guidelines and definitions
- Discuss the documentation requirements for coding according to level of Medical Decision Making & Time
- Discuss the documentation requirements to maximize reimbursement and minimize risk of fraud
This activity is approved for 1.75 contact hour(s) (which includes 0 hour(s) of pharmacology)
TIME TO COMPLETE
1 hour 45 minutes plus posttest.
Each video is accessible twice within 6 months of purchase.
Advanced Practice Education Associates (APEA) is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 100820. This activity is approved for 1.75 contact hour(s) (which includes 0 hour(s) of pharmacology). Program ID #2021-04-01.
This course is taught by Kathy Baldridge, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
This course can be accessed on the APEA app. Our app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Purchases must be made through www.apea.com and will automatically be synced to your app. Content downloaded to your device from the app can be accessed at any time, even without an internet connection.
Minimum space required: Each video section may take up to 90 MB.
iPhone versions 5 and above and iPad Air and Mini and above. Android versions 4.1 and above.