*Please note this book is currently on backorder and expected to ship at the end of February.
Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care, 4th Edition (Copyright 2021, APEA)
The eagerly awaited new edition of this treasured resource is now available! The 4th edition of Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care provides comprehensive guidance for the diagnosis and management of 368 of the most common patient presentations seen in primary care settings. This information is presented in the concise, clear format readers have been relying on for years.
Since the first edition was published in 2011, Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care has served as a guidebook for NP practice and as a valuable study tool for NP students. From the classroom to clinical rotations and into practice, this text is used as a reference for countless patient encounters every day. Ensure that your patient care reflects current evidence by incorporating the 4th edition of Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care into your clinical practice or your certification exam preparation.
This edition contains important updates about the delivery of evidence-based care, including:
- New guidelines for the management of bronchitis
- New guidelines for the management of gout
- New guidelines for the management of type 2 diabetes
- New guidelines for the management of type 1 diabetes
- New guidelines for cervical cancer screening
- New guidelines for the management of abnormal Pap results
- … plus many more updates!
New features of this edition include:
- Redesigned pharmacologic management tables with more detailed guidance for prescribing decisions
- A new chapter on physical examinations that covers: the preparticipation physical, the adult annual physical, the older adult annual physical, the “Welcome to Medicare” physical, and physical examination of the patient with a history of cancer
- New content focused on trauma-related disorders
- New, more detailed coverage of breastfeeding topics
- Updated organization of child growth and development content
- Reorganized and expanded reproductive health chapter
And there’s more! Your purchase of the 4th edition of Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care provides 6 months of FREE access* to CareOnPoint, the mobile reference developed by NPs for NPs. CareOnPoint contains 100% of the content in Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care, plus medical illustrations and other visual resources.
Update and upgrade your practice and study resources now. Order the 4th edition of Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care today!
*This offer is available once and is activated by entering the scratch off code printed on the inside cover. The free 6 months of access does not provide contact hours; paid subscriptions to CareOnPoint provide contact hours for time spent accessing the content. Read about CareOnPoint here.
Title: Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care
Editor: Amelie Hollier, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
Date Published: 2021 by APEA
1,064 pages; soft cover